6/22/20 - New Harmony, IN


It is so good to sleep in my camper again!  But as this photo shows, I lost a fender yesterday. I noticed it flying down the road after an unusual noise. The alert driver behind me avoided hitting it, but I don’t know about the others behind him. After I recovered the fiberglass fender, I was relieved to see scratches and scrapes but no breaks.

We are planning to visit all of Indiana’s state parks and started with Harmonie State Park in the far southwest corner of the state, as far from home you can get in Indiana.

Last evening we went exploring in New Harmony, which is an interesting and historic village, but had no restaurants open so we got snacks from the Dollar General for dinner.

I am without WiFi and very spotty phone service, so feel pretty isolated from the world. Having trouble accessing today’s photos but went into Mt Vernon to access the library’s WiFi.

So the wildlife here has been fun to watch but showering with a toad was an unexpected surprise!  No photo of him but Buddy was entertained. 

We went into the town 12 miles away for a McDonald’s breakfast. And then back to walk around New Harmony. While preparing for this trip, I read a book by a lady who did much to restore the buildings and convince the residents that they could draw tourists. I was happy to visit the roofless church she built on such a gorgeous day. 

Comments