10/9/19 - Santa Fe, NM

Well, I finally made it to Santa Fe!  I am staying at the Santa Fe Skies Campground for 4 nights and was happy to get within an hour of Albuquerque.  https://www.santafeskiesrvpark.com.  This is a family run campground and unique metal sculpture pieces are found throughout.

When I planned this trip, I wasn't aware of the Balloon Festival the very same week.  The entire state is full of balloon fans, it seems.   Without knowing much, I thought I would pop over and watch the balloons.  My research and discussions with fellow campers today made me realize that I should have planned better.  At this point, I think that I will try to see the Afterglow and Fireworks on Friday evening.  







I arrived at the campgroup about 11 am, without eating breakfast yet.  I missed the Breakfast Burrito at El Parasol but had a bean burrito.  What a change from Las Vegas.  Lots of working people eating lunch.  The crowd and noise made me question my desire to see balloons.  After a trip to WalMart for a TV antenna and snacks, I visited a bit of Santa Fe.  I have this thing about visiting national cemeteries and found this one today.





A peaceful place to contemplate the loss of so many lives and the lovely landscape.  This is the only grass covered area seen in days.



















If you haven't visited Santa Fe, it is hard to picture how narrow and crowded the streets are, especially this week of October.  I had to focus on driving, without hitting pedestrians or others cars, so this is the only photo I took.  I could not resist a dragon on the roof!


My plans for tomorrow include another trip downtown, I believe.  Lots of museums, shops and restaurants to see, after I get rid of the car.

Again, I thank you for joining me on this trip.  The only negative thing about traveling alone, is not having someone to share the sights and experiences with.










Comments