10/8/17 - Ely, NV

Route 66, etc. - Day 20

As I waved good-bye to Green River, UT and these welcoming structures, I was eager to get back on the road.  The sign at I-70 warned me that there were no services going west for the next 100 miles and they were right - no food or gas.


But there are these scenic views along the highway that do have restrooms, so we visited a few.


But this was a driving day.  Not many pictures but lots to see.  These were near Garrison.  


In Nevada Highway 50 is known as the Loneliest Highway.  See why?


Ely, NV is our home for tonight.  Only 45 degrees this evening and expected to get down to 20 tonight.  I hope my warm blankets, space heater and Bungie keep me warm.  


Today's theme song...


We have reservations near Reno tomorrow night.

Happy trails!



Comments