10/10/17 - Shingletown, CA

Route 66, etc. - Day 22

I should not skip a day with the blog.  I cannot remember what state Ely was in.  Ah, Nevada.
Ely must have been a mining town.  The campground had these artifacts and the town looks like an updated Western movie.




Look what I found.  Ely looks like many of the towns that I have driven through.  But I have to tell you that driving US 50, the Loneliest Highway, you don't go through many towns and you fill the tank when you do.


It turns out that US 50 is also the Pony Express Trail and Lincoln Highway.  Lincoln Highway, US 30, goes through my hometown and has started me thinking about that as my next adventure.  Maybe in the Spring?  It was a great drive but not always like this.  The road goes up and down, so easy to stay awake and interested.





We have traveled about 2500 miles so far and I still have not seen another T@G, where are you guys?
I have seen 3 T@Bs so far.  Lots of RV's on the road and in the campgrounds.  Most of them seem to be headed south, like the geese.

Approaching Reno reminded me that city driving is much different.  


We stayed at a very crowded and noisy KOA near Reno last night and just got up early and took off.


Since I am the rainmaker, my plan was to extinguish the wild fires in CA.  I thought that the red sky in morning, sailor take warning was a good sign.  But according to the news, the fires are still burning.  Thankfully not along the route that I am taking.  


Tonight's campground is much quieter and I have already gotten my laundry done and I plan to work some this evening.  Eureka, CA and my friend Karen are only 200 miles away!

Remember this song?  I needed some help from Google.







Comments