6/29/16

It has finally happened, my last day as a full-time employee!  My goal for this year was to retire gracefully.  I am not sure that each and ever day was graceful, but I did my best to remain positive and productive until the end.

So I got to work this morning to find my work space decorated fully.  It looked like the retirement fairy had pooped all over.  I put on my hat and took a selfie that surprised me, who was that old lady? It's funny how I have looked forward to turning 65 but didn't really see myself as 65 until today.  Strange mind trick.




















Today went s-o-o slow, but it was great to get cards and visit with coworkers.  It was fun to reminisce about how we met, things we said that still stuck with us and reflect on how we had affected each other's lives.  When I returned to Fort Wayne in 2013, I came to be near family again.  I was thinking about my biological family, but my Heartland family welcomed me back also.  Saying goodbye to my Heartland family today was bittersweet.

I have been lucky enough to work with great people all over the country in many different settings in the last 47 years.  Most of you reading this, probably met me at work.  I am sure that I have learned something from each of you and wish you the best.

A gathering at Cheddar's after work was a great chance to see people outside of the office and I even had a few adult beverages.  I know - the craziness begins!  Very thoughtful gifts and conversations helped to wrap up the day and career.  My favorite gift?  A silver necklace with a Scrabble tile with the letter K for Kathy.  I will wear it to every tournament as the adventure begins!



Comments

  1. Sounded like it was a great day. Sorry I missed it and all the decorations. Post pictures if you have some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where can you find Scrabble Tournaments? I love playing Words With Friends online. Happy traveling!! Lynne

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment