10/9/16 - New Haven, IN

I am not sure why, but I think I will watch the 2nd presidential debate tonight.  Maybe I am just curious to compare it to the first to see if the candidates learned anything.  So that gives me about an hour to update you all.

Our trip to Grand Haven occurred this week.  I was fortunate enough to have a lovely dinner on the shore of Lake Michigan at sunset.  Bol-Mar Restaurant was a good choice and this photo is just one that was taken while we watched the sun go below the horizon.  I enjoyed lake perch and a Michigan cherry Manhattan.  I know, an adult beverage!



The rental house was charming, but not within sight or sound of the beach.  In fact, the hill down to the beach was too daunting for me to attempt climbing back up.  So I did my sight-seeing by car.  I did find a state park with campground right on the beach north of us and may try that with the camper again some day.  

We completed two jigsaw puzzles and I even beat Tim in one game of SCRABBLE.  The dogs got along pretty well but I am starting to think that Bungie might not travel as well as I think that he does.  He got sick Friday and I got pretty sad contemplating life without him.  

He turns 9 about this time of year.  He has lived with me since he was 3 and I adopted him through the PapHaven Rescue group.  He is much better today and I plan to spend many more years with him, but we are both getting gray.


Speaking of getting old and gray, I have 2 appointments tomorrow.  Getting my hair cut and getting my bone density checked.  A visit with Kris at Expectations is always fun, I don't know how much fun a Dexa Bone Mineral Analysis at Parkview will be.

Our SCRABBLE Club met yesterday.  It was a small turnout but hard to blame anyone for wanting to be outdoors on such a beautiful day.  The leaves are starting to turn and fall here in northern Indiana.  This is a photo from last year.

Well, time to get ready for the debate.  I have applied for my absentee ballot.  I plan to be in Chicago visiting Shannon on Election Day.  I don't think anything said tonight will change my mind.  

Stay safe, my friends!



Comments