9/20/17 - Pontiac, IL

Day 2 of our journey was a less exciting day, but still makes me smile.


Since I liked the clean shower room so much here at the Livingston County 4-H Fair Camp Ground, I decided to stay another day to do some work.  I am a retired RN who does chart audits for Heartland Home Care and Hospice in my hometown of Fort Wayne, IN.  As long as I have internet access, I can work and I try to get in 5 to 10 hours a week.  It buys gas for my adventures and it keeps my brain functioning.  Heartland

When I needed a break, Bungie and I went geocaching.  I found 1of 3 today.  Not bad considering the crazy heat didn't encourage very thorough searching.  If you are not familiar with the "sport" you can learn more here.  Geocaching 101  This cache was found in an empty bird feeder.  I leave a Scrabble tile in each that I find, in case you take up this fun way to spend an afternoon.



What I love, is the places you go in a community that you were not aware of.  In this case, I learned more about the Log Cabin Inn, which still has remnants of the original log cabin.


And a restored bridge for Route 4/66


There are several museums in town also, but I hesitate to leave Bungie in the car alone too long.  I am pleased to have a remote starter on the Subaru, so I can turn on the A/C for him, but I hate the idea of him barking at everyone who passes in a parking lot.  He is cute, but can get pretty yappy.  So we will see how tomorrow goes.

I finally met the campground manager this evening.  She tells me that 29 RV's are pulling in tomorrow at 11 am.  They're doing Route 66!  I plan to be long gone before they arrive.

Thanks for all the positive words from the blog followers.  Happy Trails!





Comments

Post a Comment