5/1/17 - Bailey's Point Campground Barren River Lake, KY


Bungie is happy to be out of the car.  We have driven all day from Shannon's home in Rolling Meadows, IL to this lovely spot this evening.  The cloudy, rainy, and windy weather made the drive less than pleasant, but the sun is out here.  This is our first stay at an US Army Corps of Engineers location.  Very affordable with the Senior Pass for the National Parks, still only $10 for lifetime pass but is going to increase to $80.  national parks senior pass   I do love my cozy little camper and I was sure glad that I was towing this instead of a bigger camper up and down the twisty roads to get here.

We are on our way to Tybee Island, GA.  Bungie and I will be meeting my brother, Tim, and his family for a vacation there.  My first visit to Savannah that doesn't involve consulting to a nursing home and my first visit to Tybee Island.


Our trip started with a visit to Shannon's, so I could play in another SCRABBLE tournament.  It was just a one day event about 45 minutes from her home, so I went west to go east to Tybee.  I love being retired!  I did not do well in the tournament but met a number of Chicago land players that I am sure I will be seeing again because I am moving there.

For those who have not heard, I am moving to Lake Zurich, IL at the end of this month.  Shannon and I will be sharing a rental house.  We have been looking for just the right house for the last few months and we think that we found it.  It will be great to share expenses and dog-sitting for the next 18 months.  We don't have a plan that extends beyond her retirement then, but I am excited to live in a bigger place and to be her roommate.  I will have the ground level, which is set up kind of like an apartment already, we will share the main level living room and kitchen, and Shannon will have the upstairs bedrooms.  We will have a guest bedroom and hope that we will have lots of visitors.  We will be about an hour northwest of the city.   our new home

The adventure continues...


Comments

  1. It seems that your adventure continues. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment