4/14/17 - New Haven, IN





Yesterday was National Scrabble Day!  Here's a link to give you some history of my favorite game.
National Scrabble day

This is definitely a "late entry" for those of you who are familiar with medical records.  I have failed to update this blog with all my recent adventures.

Our local Scrabble club met on 3/25/17.  I had chosen to play at Coliseum Donuts that day and we were quite disappointed that they were closed.  My memory failed me once again, and I got confused about the dates that they would be closed due to a trip to Cambodia.  Luckily, the Tecumseh library was kind enough to share their meeting room with us.  Since we had an odd number of players, my brother, Tim (yes, the cartoon above is for him) and Maureen offered to take on 2 games at once.  Maureen played exceptionally well and managed to score over 500 for both games, while keeping Theresa and I to less than 300.  This picture was shared with the National Scrabble Players Association.



March 27th brought an unexpected surprise when my brother offered to let me use his ticket to attend the musical "Once" at the beautifully restored Embassy Theater in downtown Fort Wayne.  That is the stage, way down there.  The bonus was getting to see the ceiling so close up.  Zoom in to check it out.  Much easier than climbing all those stairs!



On 4/1/17 I got up early and drove to Danville, IL.  At the lovely community college there, we played lots of Scrabble for 2 days.  I won a prize for biggest upset and did not finish in last place.  In fact, I scored my highest game ever!  My best word that game was FASHIONS for 101 points.
I scored 468 against Roxy Miller, beating her is an accomplishment for me, but the tiles were with me that game.

I did not take the camper with me due to cold and wet weather, but I did check out the Kickapoo State Park, and will be staying there next time.  I just don't care for hotels any more and this trip reminded me of that.  And my retirement dollars go a lot further in a camp ground.



Bungie did not go on this trip with me either.  He was boarded with his friends at Paws and Claws but I am not sure that I have been entirely forgiven yet.


Two of my sisters and their husbands decided to spend the weekend of 4/7/17 attending a Cubs game in Milwaukee and visiting brew pubs in the Chicago area.  Shannon went with them to the game and I got to dog sit.


I did join them for dinner last Saturday night in a very noisy venue with very good food in Palatine, IL.  Left to right:  Chris, Stephanie, Mary, and Rick.


Between adventures, I sit on the couch reading, watching TV or playing on my Kindle.  But I do work some also.  I finally have the dream job, doing chart reviews and reporting to the QAPI Committees of Heartland Homecare and Hospice.  Today, I started planning my next trip.  A tournament in the Chicago area and a week with my brother Tim and his family on Tybee island!

Life is good...


Comments