11/7/16 - Rolling Meadows, IL





What a week this was!  The Cubs won the World Series and I won my first SCRABBLE Tournament Division!!  I wasn't sure that either would happen, but I am proud of us all.




Sunday, 11/6/16, was the annual SCRABBLE for Literacy tournament in Chicago.  Although the turnout and competition was slightly less than that for the Cubs, it was pretty darn exciting!  What a great fundraiser for a community.  It would be fun to find a partner for a similar tournament in Fort Wayne.

My next for sure tournament is January in Indianapolis, where I will act as the Director under mentorship of Troy Thompson.  We are looking at January 6-7, 2017.






I got to see the orthopedic surgeon on Thursday.  He confirmed my self diagnosis of right wrist carpal tunnel syndrome.  My fingers are still numb and hurt like heck but I can't get into surgery until 12/15/16.  So I don't expect to do a lot of work or blogging until then.  I was able to play SCRABBLE but you may notice my handwriting is not up to snuff in the photo above.  Typing without feeling in 3 of 10 fingers is pretty strange too.

Due to my daughter's need to go to Wisconsin at the end of this week, I have extended my stay until next Sunday.  It's hard to believe what nice weather we are having.  Let's hope it holds out until I get back home.  We went to see Dr. Strange on Saturday.  What fun to see Benedict Cumberbatch in a similar but not role as Sherlock Holmes.  Lots of action and special effects.












Comments