10/29/16 - Holly, MI

Did you know that kids trick or treat in campgrounds?  I did not, did not even think of it and feel woefully unprepared.  But my "porch light" is off and they seem to be respecting it, so hopefully no tricks tonight.  But as always, everyone everywhere is interested in my teardrop camper.  I was just  approached on the way back from brushing my teeth by a group who wanted to see my kitchen.

I played in the South Lyon SCRABBLE tournament today.  A nice group of people who have been playing together a long time.  Their costumed Halloween tournament goes back 7 years.  A strange looking group of word nerds today.  Again I was woefully unprepared and dressed as an old lady.  Had I known there was a $20 prize, I may have tried harder.  My favorite costume was the Identity Thief.  She is the 3rd from the right and those white squares are name tags with names and fake SS numbers of each of the players.

The winning costume was hippie chick #3, who is 4th from the left.
I got to the campground last evening in time to get all set up and watch the ballgame.  I should have gone to sleep but I kept hoping the Cubbies would get something started.  Not used to setting an alarm and even less used to waking up at 6 am.  I did not choose a very convenient location and had to travel 45 minutes to get to the tournament.  I just realized that I am making excuses for my poor performance.  It's a good thing that I love the game, meeting new people, sleeping in my camper and driving down the highway.  Winning SCRABBLE games in a tournament setting is still not one of my strengths.  I was 1-7 today.

My next tournament is near Chicago next Sunday.  So I will get to visit my daughter, Shannon, and extend my stay to include more sitting for my granddog, Buca.  Speaking of dogs, poor Bungie is visiting the kennel this weekend.  Last night was strange without my little buddy but I will pick him up tomorrow.

10/30/16 - New Haven, IN

I had to wrap up blogging last night due to a numb right hand.  It's still numb, but I think I have to accept that I am experiencing a Rheumatoid Arthritis flare up of the right wrist.  My joint is swollen, red and warm - classic RA symptoms, and I think the nerves of my hand are getting pinched.  It hurts like heck and I can't feel the keys, so typing isn't much fun.

I am going to rest my hand and watch the Cubs with my buddy, Bungie.  We are both glad to be home.



Comments