10/18/16 - Rolling Meadows, IL


I am in the Chicago suburbs tonight, sitting for my granddog, Buca.  He and Bungie struggle to share space, food, and people but we have worked out a truce for now.  We spent most of the day napping and I got to read many hours.  I am working on "The Heart Goes Last" by Margaret Atwood.  She is such a good writer.


While Shannon is studying in Maryland, we are watching the Cubs tonight!  I am not much of a sports fan but it's hard not to watch this year's Cubs team.  Game 3 in LA, let's hope they play more like Game 1.















No major trips recently, but I have been busy.  I have been reading a lot but not our currently assigned book for Book Club.  I have not been able to get into "Walden," so I have been picking up others.  My last book was "The Double Life of Liliane" by Lily Tuck.  Hopefully, my next will be back to "Walden."

I saw several movies in the last week and would recommend both, especially Hell or High Water.





















There was also some SCRABBLE.  We have been joined by a married couple, who showed up for our Tuesday evening meeting at the New Haven library.  I appreciate new players so much and look forward to them joining us this Saturday at Coliseum Donuts.

Continuing to work out at Curves and hoping to find one here tomorrow.  Some weight loss, easier to hit my goals on my FitBit, when I go, and I do feel proud of myself when I go.

Casting my absentee ballot made me feel proud also.  For those who may be interested, this link will help you learn more about this option.  absentee ballot

Well, it's time for the game, Go Cubbies!

Comments