9/6/16 - Corbin, KY

On our way home again after the Labor Day SCRABBLE tournament in Alpharetta, GA.  I really wish that I was better at playing in tournaments but I do enjoy the game, meeting new people, and observing how tournaments are run.  I ended up winning 9 of 20 games.  I have identified a trend, I do best against the highest ranked players in my division, and I am most likely to win the first game of the day.  But when you play 8 games a day, that doesn't add up to many wins.  This was my fortune when I had Chinese for lunch on Sunday.  Sounds great, doesn't it?




















So my ranking has improved and my next planned tournament is South Lyons, MI at Halloween.  We can wear costumes, what would you suggest?

Bungie and I thoroughly enjoyed our visit with Becky in Woodstock.  Peaches, Carli, and Roameow were generous with sharing their Becky with us.  I am amazed at how easy it was to catch up, even though we have have had little communication between us for the last 16 years.
















We are staying at a KOA campground tonight.  Living it up in the camper with air, tv, wifi, and few children now that school has started.  I really have enjoyed this trip but look forward to sleeping in my bed tomorrow.  Stay well, my friends.

Comments