9/2/16 Woodstock, GA

Ahh, traveling again is good for my soul.  The camper is whole again and was parked at the Daniel Boone National Forest in Kentucky last night.  It was quiet and calm before the holiday weekend.  I highly recommend the National Parks Senior Pass for those who are old enough.





Notice the brown pole in the 2nd photo?  That's to hang your food items from to keep it out of reach of the bears.  There were numerous signs about the bears and poisonous snakes, but all we saw was a wild turkey.  What a funny looking bird that is, nothing like a Butterball.








As always the camper provokes lots of questions and requests to look inside where ever we travel.  It's an interesting way to meet others.  We made it here to Woodstock (not New York) this afternoon after my friend Becky left town for the evening.  So Bungie and I are housesitting and taking care of her 2 dogs and cat.  All are getting along fine and she has a lovely home.  She will be back tomorrow after I get done with SCRABBLE, so we will have a chance to catch up.

We worked together for HealthPrime, a nursing home company that specialized in very troubled facilities.  They are no longer in business but were based in Alpharetta, GA, where I lived for a year and worked at the corporate level.  Becky and I spent the Y2K New Year's together in a friend's cabin in the Georgia hills.  We figured that was as good a place as any if the world ended.  Of course my younger readers probably never heard of it.  Y2K

Well, I need to get studying for the SCRABBLE tournament that starts in the morning.  Wish me luck!








Comments