7/5/16 - Leominster, MA

We made it to Shannon's this afternoon.  It was great to take a shower without flip flops on and to see my granddog, Buca, again.  He and Bungie don't care much for each other, both are only dogs, but they will tolerate each other.

Last night I fell asleep early.  It started raining about 10p and I was just wiped out.  I am not used to all this fresh air and activity, and I am awfully old - I will be 65 tomorrow!  So we stayed at the KOA in the Poconos last night.  Have you ever been there?  I kept singing the Dirty Dancing song as I drove up the twisting narrow mountain roads past resorts.  "Now is the time of my life..."


It was still raining this morning, so we just hit the road.  Driving cross country without even brushing my teeth was a new experience for me, but now you know why that shower felt so good this afternoon.

As I make this trip around the country, I keep thinking of the George Carlin routine, "A Place for My Stuff."  If you are not familiar with this, I attached this version for your listening pleasure.




Now you may be able to appreciate my dilemma each time I leave my camper/car.  I have already had to choose my minimum stuff for a 3 week trip, but when I go into a campground shower, what stuff do I take?  And a quick trip into a gas station restroom or rest stop?  Now I have to figure out which stuff needs to come up the stairs to Shannon's apartment.  





Comments