7/2/16

Whew, I hope that I just finished my poorest performance in a SCRABBLE tournament ever.  I only won 2 of 4 games on Friday evening and 2 of 7 today.  But I am proud of my brother, Tim, who won the division today.  It's a good thing that I like the game so much, because I have so much opportunity for improvement.

Bungie and I are reunited and spending the evening updating the blog and decompressing from playing 11 games of SCRABBLE.  He stayed at the PetSmart Hotel last night and today.  They said that he did great and had a wonderful time, he's not telling me any different, so I choose to believe them.


I have thoroughly enjoyed every moment of being retired since my last posting.  It was great fun to geocache before my dentist appointment on Thursday morning.  There is one listed right behind her office but I never found it.  I am starting to think that if I paid for the app, I might find real caches.  Hmmm...

I have had a number of appointments in the last week, seeing each of my medical providers one last time before Medicare.  It wasn't until I was driving down to Indianapolis yesterday that it hit me - I have Medicare now.  And in a few days I will be 65.  I hope to lead a healthier lifestyle so I can continue this adventure as long as possible.  I may have to get a FitBit to log all the steps that I am taking.  Just walking to the campground restroom must add up to 10,000.  I have a small bladder.

My teardrop camper usually prompts comments and questions, so for inquiring minds, you can visit www.golittleguy.com to see more about this style of camping.  My model is a T@G, with a custom paint job to match my Subaru.  And I have a 5'x7' tent that can be attached to one of the doors, so I can have some privacy for my portable potty and room to stand up.  I just need ground soft enough to put the stakes in.  Maybe at my next campsite.

Camping in the Indiana State Fairgrounds is an interesting experience.  As you might imagine, it's not very picturesque and the gravel around my campsite prevents putting up my tent but I feel safe, it's not very crowded, no children running around and I am parked near the restrooms with showers and a coin operated laundry.  Not so bad for $30/night.  Where else could I stay in Indy for that price?

As you must know, I love technology and this little camper meets all of my needs.  The stereo is connected to my iPhone by bluetooth, so I didn't even need to unpack my rechargeable wireless Bose bluetooth speaker yet, but I will be able to set that up outside.  I am using the USB "Charging Center"  of the camper to charge up the iPhone, Kindle and laptop computer.  The iPhone is my mobile hotspot, so I have internet access but I don't have TV at this campsite.  There will be cable at the next 2 locations that we plan to stay, but I can always stream Netflix.  So you can see, I am not roughing it much at all.

Tomorrow we take off for the KOA campground in Streetsboro, OH near Cleveland.  I am taking my time to get to Boston, since Shannon is spending this weekend in Chicago.  She found her new apartment in Rolling Meadows yesterday and is having fun with friends this holiday weekend.  We plan to meet up at her current home on 7/5/16.  Happy trails!

Comments

Post a Comment