7/22/16 - New Haven, IN

Back home in Indiana.  The trip home was uneventful, except for losing the fender on my camper.  On Wednesday, as I was driving down I-90 at 70 miles an hour, the car next to me started honking its horn and the passenger was pointing to the camper.  Pulling over to the side in 90 degree weather, with traffic zipping by was not much fun, especially when I found that the fender was attached with just one screw.  Trying to remove that screw proved impossible, so I used bungee cords to keep it from dragging on the ground until I got to a rest area, where I was able to just pull it off the camper.  It looks so sad now.  But I didn't lose it or have it hit another vehicle or any of the other things that could have gone wrong.  I have an appointment to take it to the dealer in Columbus, OH on Monday.


I stayed at a campground in western New York, just 300' from Lake Erie.  I drove along the lake  on Thursday morning, but I was too eager to get home to spend the time that I should have exploring.  I was surprised that I missed my bed so much.  And Bungie is very happy to be an only dog again.

The weather here is miserable, but I think that it is true most everywhere these days.  There was a huge storm last evening and it's so humid that it made going out today very uncomfortable but I had some errands to run.  A haircut and groceries couldn't be put off any longer.  Tomorrow is Scrabble MeetUp and the study for the Nationals continues.  

Oh, and I get to see James Taylor on Tuesday!  






Comments